Everything you ever needed to know

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Well I tried...

So today's plan was to just walk as a "rest day". I wanted to go about 4 miles but had to wait a while for the rain to let up this morning. When it finally did I said, "Hey, I have a great idea! Let's go out and have a family walk!" Stupid me.

It all stems from the other day when I was heading out to exercise and my cute 7 1/2 year old daughter was like, "Mommy let me come with you! I'll ride my scooter!!" But I wouldn't let her and then felt guilty because I want her to have good habits too.

Look an animal I'm faster than!
But the reason I didn't let her was because while she does love to ride her scooter it only lasts for about 1/2 a mile. Then she's done. That Friday I was planning on walking at least 4 (and it turned out to be 6) miles.

So today I figured, I'm just doing an easy walk. I can take everyone with me and we'll walk about 1.25 miles down to the playground, they can play while I finish up the second mile (and back) and then we'll walk back to the car together.

But she only made it to about 3/4 of a mile before she wanted to head home. :) We managed to get her to the playground but weren't looking forward to the walk back with a complaining child.

So my husband said, you just go back and get the car and drive it up here (to the playground) to pick us up. But I really wanted to finish my mileage so they had to wait a while for me. Everyone was a bit grumpy when I finally got back and we drove home.

So lesson learned, my exercise times are me times and I'll have to plan other family times that won't compete against my mileage or time I want to get done for that particular day. But here are the stats for the walk today - you can see where I left my family... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment