Everything you ever needed to know

Friday, August 28, 2015

A cautionary tale of love gone bad

I didn't make it to Zumba this week so there was no double cardio day on Wednesday but there was still higher calories! Sure way to dieting success!

It was Jose's fault.
So this week I tried out Turbo Kick - a new class (at least to me) that's offered at our rec center this semester. It's offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays but I wasn't able to make it on Tuesday. Here's how it's advertised:

Turbo Kick: Get hooked on this Turbo high! This class is a mix of cardio kickboxing and body sculpting dance moves choreographed to the hottest music mixes. You will get lean and toned and have a blast doing it. It is high intensity, fast-paced, and totally addicting!

The very fit and perky instructor said that if we were used to Zumba then we would pick up on this class pretty quickly.

And then the music started and an hour later my brain is still trying to recover.

Imagine a love story where Zumba met Kickboxing and they fell in love and had a baby. Then imagine that baby getting hooked on crack.

That baby's name is Turbo Kick.

Don't get me wrong, I loved that crack baby. I was completely exhausted, confused, and sweaty but I loved it.

Here's a short YouTube clip of a different Turbo Kick:
See how quickly they change up the moves! I'm used to slower beats and longer counts before switching up my moves.

The trick is, as I mentioned to some fellow classmates afterwards, to NEVER look at yourself in the mirror. Just tell yourself that you look as awesome as the instructor and never get proof of anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment