Everything you ever needed to know

Thursday, August 13, 2015

It was gouda.


One attempt to switch things up this week was to increase the intensity of my workouts. They weren't necessarily longer - just harder. My legs have borne the brunt of this since I haven't done too much with the weights until today. Yesterday was double cardio with spin and Zumba. Zumba ended up being a lot of moves that killed my hamstrings and quads. Then I made it to the abs and tone class today and I think I'll spend the rest of the afternoon thusly...


I threw in a little treadmill cardio afterwards that looked mostly like this except I only had time to do half of it (and I got rid of the incline).


Food so far today has been a little interesting.

  • Breakfast 1: Coffee with non-fat creamer, multi-grain cheerios with chia seeds and almond milk
  • Breakfast 2: Tall soy latte and the bacon gouda breakfast sandwich from Starbucks
  • Lunch: Small grilled chicken breast, 1/2 cup chick peas, salsa, and a low-fat mozzarella string cheese
I originally planned on turkey burgers for dinner by my cholesterol counts are already high after my second breakfast. Not that it really matters since I'm usually way low in that area so one bad day isn't a big deal. I may still do that or play around with some other options.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm not eating enough which is stalling my weight loss (counterintuitive but I know it's a possibility because of metabolism issues).  While bulking up on fatty breakfast sandwiches is probably not the best action to take it was delicious so....


No comments:

Post a Comment