Everything you ever needed to know

Friday, August 14, 2015

No, no, no - not in my house

So yesterday I ended up around 1700'ish calories for the day. After the bacon/gouda I was kind of like eh - maybe I do need to eat more. You know, because justifying it makes it all better.


This is my week so far. So really once you look at net calories, I'm not far off with the whole justification thing. EXCEPT....

This morning I had gained another pound. An extra couple hundred calories = 1 pound?! What the heck math?


I'm trying to take it in stride to tell myself that my body is just readjusting - this will all come out in the wash and that things are ok. This is a journey. There will be ups and downs. Look at the big picture. But that only lasts for a few seconds or so.

All day long I've been


I ate 1/2 my 10 a.m. snack at 8:15 (1/4 cup raw almonds). The other half around 9:30 (low fat string cheese). Lunch at 11 (grilled chicken breast and 1/2 cup black beans with salsa). And then I left the office to run errands. At that point I knew I wasn't going to stay strong anymore. I took the route that would put me close to a McD's. 

First, the song on the radio went something like, "Baby, don't go."

Shut up radio. I just want a shake or ice-cream or something else that's bad for me.

Pulled into the McD's. Had somewhat of a reality moment when I saw that everything I wanted was over 500 calories. But the McFlury snack size was a mere 340. So I ordered it. Turns out they were out of ice-cream.

Dikembe Mutombo is apparently my guardian diet angel.

I left the drive-through with nothing and ran my errands. At the next stop I looked at my emails on my phone and this was sitting there in my in-box:
Link to article

Dammit Jillian, I just want some ice-cream too!

So in the end I stopped by Starbucks, got a venti, iced green tea with no sugar. The gal taking the order asked if I wanted anything else and I sighed and sadly said no...

And this is how I ended my day and all was great...
Green tea and blueberries
Nope, not going to show the two snack sized Skittle packs that were also a part of this afternoon's snack or mention it's only 3:03 p.m. and so there's still a lot of day to get through... Just pretend that all is well and I'll wake up tomorrow 4 lbs lighter.

Why have these past couple of weeks been so hard? I'm just going to walk tonight. My legs needed a rest day. I'll run, swim, and do some more weights this weekend. I'm going to change my calorie intake to account for 1200 net calories for a couple of weeks. This is supposed to mean a 2 lb loss each week. The trick will be to not just add sugar or carb calories to this total. However, I may see some additional gains as my body readjusts because I really think I have forced it into "holding on" to its calories. Anyway, if that doesn't work I'll go back or change my plan again. So bear with me as I complain about the scale for a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment