Everything you ever needed to know

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Pumpkin Spice All the Things!

It needs to be fall already. It's been rainy all week and that puts me in the mood for October.


This morning I couldn't stand it anymore and stopped at Walgreen's for a fall candle and Starbucks for a Chai Tea Latte (since they have not yet released PSLs). The Chai was amazing and totally worth the 170 calories.

How to do a candle at work but not burn the building down.
Yesterday (Wednesday) I had the morning off from work due to a dentist appointment. After the appointment I got in my "run". It wasn't too hot - probably in the high 70's and although it was like 90+% humidity there was a breeze so I thought it would be fine. I only got 10 minutes into the run before I was drenched in sweat and feeling dead from the effort. So I switched to intervals and could barely make it through 3 minutes of running at a time. The 3.12 miles ended up taking me about 43 minutes. Right at the end the skies opened up and drenched me. Good thing I was near my car.


This is not a good sign for Saturday's 5k.

Except - current weather forecasts are that it will be cloudy and 64 at the start of the race. So we'll see but I really think I'll be somewhere in the 35-36 minute range at best.

I'm seriously considering stopping my 10k training and just sticking to smaller distances for now with one long run per week. Maybe once it's cooler (like late September/October) I can bump up the distance again. It's just too hot (for me) to run that far outside and feel good about it. Instead I feel awful and want to stop running altogether. Since I'm not training for a specific race/event where I need to be adding on mileage right now I think it's better to still feel good about my runs and thus encouraged to keep doing them. If I need more challenge I can always add in dreaded speed work. October will be here soon enough and running outside will be more joyful.

Until then, I pretend it's fall as best I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment