Everything you ever needed to know

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Run Angry

I don't know who pee'd in my cheerios on Monday morning but I was seriously ticked off all morning. There was nothing specific that made me angry - it was just that EVERYTHING annoyed me greatly.

Aaah hormones. The chief joy of being a woman.

I brought exercise clothes for spin class (which means my padded bike shorts, which are a little tight, because good lord those seats hurt and I can use all the padding I can get) but then some events came up which meant I wouldn't be able to stay for the whole length of the class. Then I learned it was cancelled for the day anyway. I almost didn't do anything because I feared looking silly doing other exercises with a padded butt. I finally convinced myself that no one cares about my butt and to just go already and work this anger stuff out.

The best way to do it? To run it off. I had planned on waiting another day before finishing W7D3. But it went well - 11:30 splits and I only slightly felt like death at the end.

I was far less angry when I was done as well. Thank God - I was beginning to annoy myself.

So week 8 of the C210K plan is two days of 28 min runs and then magically on the 3rd day you're supposed to be able to run a 5k in 30 minutes.


Since that isn't going to work with my pace I've decided to tweak the plan and hold off on any further C210K training runs until after the 5k on the 22nd.

Here's my plan...
You can totally read this right?
Basically it's increasing my timed runs by 2 minutes each time. So this week I'll have 3 additional runs at 28, 30, and 32 minutes. Next week it's 34, 36, and 38 minutes. The final week I concentrate just on the distance rather than the time. This way I can get a feeling of what my time will be. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to keep a 11:30 pace since that's only been done inside on a flat track - and for 2 miles. But hey, I might surprise myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment