Everything you ever needed to know

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Sweating Buckets

Tuesday's workout was speed intervals on the treadmill and weights.

The treadmill workout was the same as I posted before. Once again, I didn't use the incline - I kept the treadmill at 0%. I spent the full 30 minutes on the treadmill but wasn't able to keep the speed they called for in minutes 21-29. For those minutes I went back and forth, some were walking, some were at 5.0 or 5.5. And I topped out at 6.0 rather than 6.5.

The good thing is that until I got winded I felt really good with the running. After the leg cramps at Saturday's 5k I wasn't sure about how I would do. But good grief I was drenched in sweat! I'd put my hand up to wipe off my forehead and it was like I was scooping water.

I'd like to think of myself as looking like this...

But I'm sure it was more like this...

Afterwards the weights were fine. The weight room was just crowded with all the guys with puffed out chests and egos to boost. Welcome back students!

One thing you'll notice from this week is that I'm increasing my strength training. It's not all weights - some are more sculpting moves like squats and push-ups and those kind of "fun" things. If all goes well there will be 5 days of various strength training sessions instead of 3.

Also this week, the diet has gone better (thus far). The carbs are lower and I've increased healthy fats to balance it out. I haven't had too many cravings so that's good. For Wednesday, the calories were upped a bit since this is a double cardio day but the percentages are similar to Monday and Tuesday:

MyFoodDiary.com doesn't like higher fat and lower carbs which is why those are in red.
And I've already lost 2 lbs so far. Keeping a wary eye on that though as the scale has been a tease recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment