Everything you ever needed to know

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

10 Things I Hate About Bootcamp


  1. Walking lunges
  2. Mountain climbers
  3. High Knees
  4. Planks
  5. Any other jumping exercises
  6. Repeat the last 5 (because that's what he made us do!)
Today (Tuesday) was supposed to be Turbo Kick but it got cancelled so I went to Abs and Tone instead. Since that class is only 30 minutes I try to add some cardio before and after. So I got 20 minutes of the elliptical first and then happily bounced into class.

But we had a substitute. And he turned Abs and Tone into Bootcamp. I gave him my "mom look" a couple of times.


To be honest the only thing I really hated were the mountain climbers (which we had to do twice). But good Lord are my legs sore. I did my toning video that has a lot of squats and lunges in it last night so my legs weren't ready for anymore of those exercises today. 

I tried to run another 10 minute mile after the class but I only got about 5 minutes in. I switched to intervals after that to finish up the mile. I went as fast as a 8.0 (7:30 mile) but that wasn't even for a full minute and as slow as walking at a 3.0.

The scale has floated back down to 205 which was lovely to see after 2.5 weeks of it hovering between 207 and 209. It's still about 1/2 a pound higher than my low weight 3 weeks ago but we're getting there. I'm really trying to be better with my diet this week but am seeing how allowing yourself even a couple of small indulgences here and there add the carbs up pretty quickly.

 
I have my Doctor's office weight check in about 5 weeks. This was just something I set up to help me with accountability. I had hoped to already be under 200 lbs at this point so I'm readjusting my expectations. By that appointment, at a minimum, I want to be 199 which puts me in the regular "overweight" BMI category for my height. Anything beyond that would be lovely but we'll just have to see how it goes. I'm not going to get close to goal weight by December. Things are just going to go slower now. And that's fine - as long as I'm making progress I'm ok with losing weight slowly (at least the rational part of me is ok with that). I even told the trainer that I'd rather work on losing inches and building muscle rather than losing weight. I know some of it goes hand in hand but if I can fit into my clothes better that's more gratifying than a number on a scale. Still it would be nice to be losing at least a pound a week.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment