Everything you ever needed to know

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Waiting on a sign from heaven

I was at a bit of a loss for the next step of my fitness journey.


Then Sunday at the rec center I saw a flyer about a wellness program.

Microsoft Publisher has spoken.
It's a program I've done before (many, many moons ago) but I didn't think they offered it anymore. Then I also saw a Tweet, or Facebook reminder that Monday was the last day to sign up. I took it as a sign that this is what would help me out for the next stage.

It's a little pricey in comparison to what I paid before (they had a grant and it was far cheaper) but compared to other gyms it's a heck of a deal. Basically it's $200 for about 14 weeks of once/week individual training sessions and various assessments plus a pass to the fitness classes they offer.

So I'll have a trainer again. I'll hate my life during those sessions but in the end it's good for me since they'll force me out of my comfort zone.

I'll still do a lot of my own thing during the week, picking classes I like at times that work with my schedule, doing strength training, and swimming. But I'll get their input and be able to focus on particular exercises and feats of strength that I'd otherwise not do. The accountability of meeting with someone each week is great too. The program goes until Dec. 2nd which is right before I get my thyroid out so it lines up perfectly.

I'll post more about it after I get to meet with the trainer and figure out our plan. But this is my bigger "plan" for the next 12'ish weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment