Everything you ever needed to know

Monday, September 28, 2015

Weekly Results, or Monday Check In, or whatever I'm going to end up calling this...

It's been the kind of week where I can't be bothered to go back and see what "number" week it is anymore so I'll just change it to a weekly check-in. Maybe I'll still celebrate monthly anniversaries. We'll see - it's not like I've lost much in the past month.

Exercise:

  • Monday: Was supposed to go to spin but it was cancelled so I went to a boot-camp type of class. I've been avoiding boot camp classes since they normally include things like burpees and mountain climbers. The class itself wasn't bad (there were none of the afore mentioned exercises) but it killed my hamstrings and they were sore for the next 3 days.
  • Tuesday: TurboKick class. Fun, was easier mentally to get through since I knew what to expect, but it didn't really help the hamstring situation. It also added quad soreness as well.
  • Wednesday: Spin and some arm weights
  • Thursday: Personal Trainer day. We focused mostly on weights. All the exercises were the same from the previous week but I either went up in weight or reps (or both). I was able to hold the wall squat for longer. We didn't have time for the cardio intervals - ah shucks...
  • Friday: Rest day. Now my arms were killing me - especially my right shoulder.
  • Saturday: About a 5k run (inside track). My splits were 10:54, 10:47, and 10:42. I went 20 laps which might not quite be a 5k but it is longer than 3 miles. My total time was right at 33 minutes. I felt pretty good for this run - now I just need to do it outside. I also did some weights - lighter on the arm weights but I needed something to work out my arms. And about 30 minutes of swimming laps.
  • Sunday: I was going to get a walk in before the Harry Potter birthday party madness but that didn't happen. I figured I burned at least 1000 calories which all the running around I did that day though so it was not a rest day - just hard to track without a FitBit type of device.
During the Sorting ceremony. I was Trelawney.
Diet:
Why bother even including this category? 

Weight Check:
I started the week at 202, went up to 203.8, and finished at 201.8. A loss is a loss.

This week:
This is a weird week for planning anything. I travel for two full days so some of this is just what I hope to get done.
  • Monday: Spin class
  • Tuesday: Walk
  • Wednesday: whatever I can fit in at the hotel gym
  • Thursday: Personal Trainer day
  • Friday: Probably a run and some weights
  • Saturday: Rest day
  • Sunday: Run, weights, and swim

No comments:

Post a Comment