Everything you ever needed to know

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

On my grocery list

I've slacked a bit in meal planning which always leads to bad dietary choices. There isn't a magic formula for losing weight but it does take some planning.

I spent some time Monday morning making a meal plan and grocery list. While I haven't done the data on each day it should keep me in the 1200-1500 calorie range. Monday, for example, is around 1250-1300. The bottom row is for snacks - I usually have a morning and afternoon snack and when I'm at work it's always the same: Celery and Hummus and Cottage Cheese. I love, love, LOVE the celery and hummus. It's a highlight of my morning. Yes, I am that sad and pathetic..


The lamb/pita/hummus dish on Monday is leftovers from Sunday's dinner. Overall it's a pretty healthy dish since the lamb was done in the crockpot with crushed tomatoes, chick peas, eggplant, onions, and spices. I meant to put potatoes in it but forgot. It would have been better if I seared the lamb before putting it in the crock pot but I didn't have time for that on Sunday morning when I made it.

I picked up some pitas that I used to get all the time during our time in Connecticut. I plan to get more because they are great on the calorie/carb/fiber scale.


Now it's just a matter of avoiding the candy drawers/bowls in our office.


No comments:

Post a Comment