Everything you ever needed to know

Thursday, November 12, 2015

On the bus


I'm still around. I have a half finished post from last week that I'll eventually get around to putting up.

I spent the first half of this week traveling around the great state of Tennessee (and southern Kentucky) promoting my university. I had brilliant plans to run along the river walk in Memphis and hit the hotel gyms early each morning. Because I am a dedicated and disciplined kind of person!

Instead I checked out the top of the Bass Pro shop/temple and ate BBQ.


I did get one gym workout in but it didn't come anywhere close to burning off the extra calories that come from attending these events.

Met with my trainer today and chuckled when she once again said I would eventually be able to do a pull-up. Aaaah to be 20 and optimistic still...

I still hope to get some run/walks or maybe even a hike in while in AZ. One great thing that has come from the slow down in weight loss is the realization that I'll eventually get there (meaning any goals for weight loss or fitness gains) as long as I keep moving forward.

And if a delicious slice of pecan pie slows me down so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment