Everything you ever needed to know

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Snow days

This is how is usually looks when it snows in the south. And yes, they cancel school if we get this much snow. There might be ice after all...

Having spent a winter in Connecticut and several winters in the mountains of Arizona where we could receive a foot or more of snow in a good snow storm (and I would still have to drive to work) I find this reaction bizarre.

But I too, having adapted to southern ways, stayed inside and ate my way through the Snowpocalypse of 2016. We actually ended up with 3-4 inches of snow which didn't melt right away - still completely manageable for rational beings but I couldn't bring myself to go out of my driveway and deal with the crazies who might be out there trying to prove that they could still drive 80 on an icy road.

Anyway, any progress I had started to make last week was quickly lost. But a good amount of tequila was gained. Margaritas are a solid plan on how to survive several days stuck in your house with your children and husband.

Tried to get back on track this week on Monday and ended up not being able to get to the rec center, Tuesday I forgot my sneakers, but finally on Wednesday I was back in the game again. Kettle Fit at lunch and Zumba that night. Spin today. And I meet my new trainer tomorrow. I guess last semester's trainer isn't working this semester so I get a new guy (to me - he's not a new trainer). He teaches the Kettle Fit class so that's why I checked it out - to get an impression of what he'll be like. Should be fine but we'll see how I feel after our first workout - tomorrow is just the initial assessment.

I plan to work out this weekend as well and will try to get back to the 193 and then move on from there. One day at a time right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment