Everything you ever needed to know

Monday, January 18, 2016

Weekly Results: Jan 11-17

It's been a weird couple of weeks. After my awesome weigh in I had a lot of emotional eating binges. There was an absurd amount of Starbursts eaten one afternoon...


We've had a few stressors at home and work and I think my hormones are still trying to balance out (post thyroidectomy). Anyway, I'm not down on myself as these things happen. You just keep moving forward. Even if your diet restarts every morning.

Not surprisingly, I didn't keep the weight off. This morning I weighed in at 196.8.

I didn't do too bad with exercise though last week.

  • Monday: honestly can't remember but it may have been nothing...
  • Tuesday: spin class
  • Wednesday: meant to go to Zumba but it ended up being nothing - bad mental health day
  • Thursday: Week 2 of C25k
  • Friday: Week 3 day 1 of C25K and some arm/leg weights
  • Saturday: "Recovery" run of week 1 C25K plan and weight machines for arms and legs
  • Sunday: 55 minutes on the elliptical, 40 minutes walking on a 9-11% incline on the treadmill and 5 minutes of running (5.0-6.0 speed). Plus 90% of a yoga DVD and 50% of my ultimate sculpt DVD. My DVDs are getting old and keep freezing. It's annoying.
I've put spin and Zumba on my calendar - it helps me mentally to actually go if it's scheduled into my day. I'm going through the C25K program again as well. Since I continually lose my endurance with running I have to keep restarting. 

So today, being MLK day, the gym is closed and it feels like 3 degrees outside. Even though it's a brilliant sunny day the wind is a beast and I don't feel up to braving those wind chill temps. I'll do something inside but it won't be a high cardio burn. Otherwise here's my plan for the week:
  • Monday: some type of videos - more sculpting than cardio
  • Tuesday: spin
  • Wednesday: Zumba & W3D2 of C25K at lunch
  • Thursday: spin
  • Friday: W3D3 of C25K and weights
  • Saturday: rest/elliptical
  • Sunday: W4D1 of C25K and weights
My plan for diet this week is to cut back on carbs but not count calories/fat. This is really difficult for me to do. Usually, if I cut carbs I still keep an eye on overall calories/fat and thus feel super hungry all the time. 

So nothing exciting or profound to blog about but it's just about moving forward, even if you fell back a couple steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment