Everything you ever needed to know

Friday, February 26, 2016

The dreaded question - "what are you listening to these days?"

This week has been pretty decent for exercise and a smidgen better for diet. The husband and I have spent the last several weeks discussing the potential purchase of an elliptical to use at home. Once upon a time I owned a pretty decent treadmill but I put it on Craigslist when we were trying to sell the house - dumb move but I digress.

Anyway, we finally bit the bullet and bought an elliptical from Amazon and it shipped to our house on Saturday. I assembled it Saturday night - it took a good portion of the night and by the time it was done I was so pissed off at the machine and the world in general that I just went to bed.

On Sunday, I spent a good portion of the day feeling slightly nauseated. By the end of the day I was paranoid that I was pregnant. Spent the rest of the week feeling the same - both nauseated and paranoid. But two negative pregnancy tests later I'm feeling much better in that regard. I love babies, and we make the cutest kids in the world, but I'm really not wanting to start all over again now that my two kids are 8 and 10 1/2.

Exercise Update & Shameful Confessions:
So I went 3 days without exercising before meeting my trainer on Tuesday. It was a good session until he asked me what was on my exercise playlist - I had to admit there was an embarrassingly high amount of Britney Spears songs on it.  But while I will never proclaim my playlist as "good" music selections it really works for me and either provides the motivation or laughs to keep going. Laughs are provided with tracks such as this one:


Such a horrific video. But when I'm struggling to finish a section of running this song helps me feel amused rather than focused on dying.

Anyway, I really like my trainer this semester (he called me a beast today which is the way to a fitness girl's heart) but his individual workouts are a lot like his classes. So if I also make it to any of his classes it's like meeting with him 2, 3 times a week. Which is what I ended up doing this week. I also made it to Zumba and plan to run this weekend since the sun will be out again.

Weight Update:
Weight has mostly been maintained. It goes up a pound or two and then comes down again. I'm hovering around the 196 mark right now.

Thyroid Update:
I don't have to do any further treatment on the thyroid cancer stuff at this time. The endo felt my blood work didn't indicate the need for radioactive iodine treatment. I'm happy with that. He also lowered my Synthyroid levels. I had actually swung to being hyperthyroid and I think that contributed to my moodiness and wanting to eat constantly throughout the day. We'll check levels again in a few weeks and I'll probably get another medication drop again. Some day I hope to feel back to my previous self. I'm just happy that I didn't gain 20 lbs from the extra eating recently.

So maybe it's because my meds are getting fixed, or the sun is shining, or I got some good exercise in this week, or because I'm not knocked up - but whatever the reason I'm feeling good about today and about life in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment