Everything you ever needed to know

Friday, March 4, 2016

9:52!!!

9:52: how fast I ran my warm-up mile before Kettle Fit today.

I was just planning on running 5-8 minutes to warm up, maybe get 1/2 a mile in. But I felt so good running that I increased the speed and kept going. I knew I would miss the first couple minutes of class but since he's just warming up in that time anyway it wasn't a big deal. Since it's been very difficult for me to run for more than 5 minutes at a time for the past 4 freaking months this is a big deal for me.

Kettle was a bit awful as there were burpees, plank jacks, and reverse crunches on the exercise ball. I normally don't hate reverse crunches but I had JUST done another abs class yesterday where she thought it would be fun to do 150 of those suckers. All in a row....


I might have mouthed a few curse words in class today. But after I jumped back on the treadmill again and got another mile. Not as fast this time but it was under 10:30 which is still impressive - well impressive for me.

Tonight I'll be enjoying a lot of wine and bourbon at a fund raiser and thus reversing any benefits my exercise might have given me today. But tomorrow it's back to cardio: Zumba, my elliptical, and probably a run/walk around my neighborhood. The only thing I can promise is that I won't do any ab work tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment