Everything you ever needed to know

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The path of less resistance

Not least - just less.

Went to the rec for my pre-class run. I went two miles of straight running at a 10 m/m pace. I had hoped to do a 10:30 pace so I was really happy with the faster pace. From the inside track I can see a corner of the group exercise room and I discovered that the Kettle class was going to have a sub again - the one I really didn't like from last time.

Now, sure I could have sucked it up and went. You know, really push myself. But then I thought about the big picture. I had already worn myself out a bit with the increased pace of the run and I still wanted to go to Zumba tonight. So if I pushed myself to do that class I might have a slightly better lunch workout but it would have jeopardized my overall calorie burn. So I allowed myself to skip class and just do my own weight/strength training stuff. I did some ab work, calf raises, bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, squats, and lunges. And I'm still feeling worn out after a "lesser" workout so I think I made a good decision.

Then this happened when my husband stopped by while I was eating my morning snack (the trail mix I made up: almonds, wasabi peas, and yogurt raisins). He wanted to share. I wanted every little calorie for myself. I shared two almonds and a couple of wasabi peas. I thought I was quite generous.



No comments:

Post a Comment