Everything you ever needed to know

Monday, March 14, 2016

Weekly Results 3/7-3/13

Exercise -
  • Monday: 3.09 mile walk, 2 elliptical workouts (45 and 30 min), various sculpting exercises
  • Tuesday: 3.25 mile interval run, Ultimate Sculpt Video
  • Wednesday: 2.5 mile interval, killer Kettle Fit, and 30 min on elliptical
  • Thursday: Rest Day
  • Friday: 1 mile at 9:04, Kettle Fit, 2nd mile at 10:??
  • Saturday: Zumba, 4.5 mile interval
  • Sunday: 2.08 walk, Ult Sculpt video plus a few other exercises
A little over 24 miles total in distance (I count both full runs, intervals, and walks in my distance).

All the other stuff (i.e. diet and weight): 
Weight ended up being up about a pound at the end of the week. I'm kind of frustrated but I'm also not at the point where I want to cut out a bunch of stuff just to lose weight. Whenever I have a good day I end up starving the next. I think I'm making some progress in body composition however, so it's not all doom and gloom.

This Week:

  • Monday: 2 miles/run, weights
  • Tuesday: Personal Trainer and 2 mile walk
  • Wednesday: 2 miles/run, Kettle Fit, and Zumba
  • Thursday: Spin and 2 mile walk
  • Friday: 2 miles/run and Kettle Fit
  • Saturday: Zumba and 5 miles/intervals
  • Sunday: 3.5 mile/walk and weights/sculpting

I didn't go to Monday's (today's) Kettle Fit class because I wanted a bit of a change. So instead I checked off another "first in a while" marker.  I ran a full 2 miles, no walking breaks. First, it had been a while since I was able to run more than 5 minutes at a time but the last couple of weeks have shown that I could keep going for a full mile. However, since I was going at higher speeds (for me) I was worn out by the end of that mile. So today I suffered on the treadmill so that I could keep a steady pace and I got through two very sweaty miles. I would alternate 1/4 mile at a 12:00 min/mile pace and then 1/4 mile at a 10 min/mile pace for the full two miles. Actually, the last .15 miles I was at a 8:00 min/mile pace so that I could make up for the brief bit of walking I did at the very beginning before I picked up the speed and then finished around the 22 minute mark. So in the wider world of running this is nothing spectacular, nor even mediocre. But for me it's an accomplishment that I'm quite proud of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment