Everything you ever needed to know

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Another Fine Mess You've Gotten Us Into

Today was the last day to register for the 10 mile race in June before the price went up (only by $5 but I'm cheap like that). I first waited to see how my 6 mile long run would go.

I waited out the rain this morning and was excited to get out to the Battlefield again - I love running right after a rain storm (as long as it's not gross humid out).

It was cloudy for almost the whole run and the temps were good. I saw some lovely birds and generally felt happy to be out running and thankful for good health and body.

Another successful 4:1 run. This keeps me a bit slower but I am really consistent with my pace and never have to go too long without a break so my spirits stay up as well. My overall pace again was around 11:10 for the run, finishing right at 67 minutes. I was able to make up some time on the last mile because a good portion of it is generally going downhill.


And so I registered for the 10 miler. I'm hesitant to be excited not because I don't think I can do it. I know I can finish it under 2.5 hours (the time limit) and with proper training I'll probably finish it at least as fast, if not a bit faster, than the last time I ran it. It's just that I start to dread running when I'm on a training plan because I'm no longer running just what feels good but pushing myself at certain times. And while I'm always proud of myself for finishing (such as speed work this week which was all kinds of awful but I finished and I did it well) I don't look forward to these sessions.

But I only have myself to blame - no one is forcing me into signing up for races after all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment