Everything you ever needed to know

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Vacation mode

I went on vacation with my family from Sunday to Thursday this past week. I haven't been able to get out of vacation mode yet with either diet or exercise.


But I'll get there - eventually.

I had grand plans of exercising at the hotel gym but I never did find out where they kept it (not that I looked too hard). There was a lot of walking but not quite enough to balance the calories of drink and food. But I didn't really think twice about it. Life isn't just about counting calories.

As much as I would love to do the sprint triathlon later this month it just isn't going to work out. Budget wise it's not the time to buy a good bike and schedule wise I just don't have enough time to get in the workouts/prep I would want to do even if I had the bike. But I will get to another triathlon at some point soon.

I did sign up for a 5k this summer and I keep wondering about the RC Cola/Moonpie 10 mile race that should be sometime in June. This is a difficult race because 1) the mileage, 2) the hills, and 3) the hot/humid weather. But as I reflect on previous races I've ran, it was one of my favorite. I would have to accept that it would take me more than 2 hours (which was my previous time) but I have to do it within 2.5 hours which is the time limit. And I would have to see how I felt doing longer mileage in the hot weather. So I'm keeping it in the back of my mind for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment