Everything you ever needed to know

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Weekly Results: 5/23-29

This fish is not amused.
Exercise

  • Monday: Kettle Fit and Elliptical (30 minutes)
  • Tuesday: Abs class and 3 mile speed work
  • Wednesday: 5 mile easy run (about a 11 m/m pace on the indoor track)
  • Thursday: Spin
  • Friday: Long run - 6 miles (exact pace unknown but around 11 m/m)
  • Saturday: Rest day, some walking in a crowded aquarium where like the fish above, I was also not amused
  • Sunday: Lots of walking - exceeded my 10k requirement for the FitBit
So I had posted that on Friday's run I was going to try and match my old 10K time of 1:04'ish but that didn't happen. The treadmill I picked out was a bit wonky and I had to stop and restart a couple of times. And after a certain point I just didn't care about matching the time and only focused on finishing the run. It was nice to have such a short "long run" though. Next up is a 9 mile and two weekends of 10 miles.

Bourbon Sangria and Black & Blue Flatbread
The weekend was nice except for a ridiculously crowded visit to the Georgia Aquarium. It was our first time there and I was seriously unimpressed. I enjoyed the Chattanooga Aquarium a lot more. But beyond those stupid crowds and getting my family off to the airport I enjoyed some down time with a friend. We ate, drank, got a seaweed and Icelandic moss body scrub/wrap, and walked around a lot. I came away with a happy tummy and a sunburn on my shoulders. 

Diet/Weight
On Saturday morning I hit a new low of 183.8. It was lovely to see but I knew it wouldn't last since I was just starting a three day weekend with little exercise and lots of eating/drinking out. But if I look at my official Monday to Monday (or rather Tuesday this week) I was down 1.2 pounds which is great. The other couple of pounds to get back to the 183 will come soon enough so I'm not worried about that. 

I was surprised to see on my FitBit stats that if I count the 183.8 (which I do) I've lost 9.1 pounds since April 22nd. That's pretty good for a one month total at this stage in the weight loss game. I'm also using 183.8 as my starting point for this next month worth of more intensive exercise and better food intake. Not really dieting since I have to fuel myself for the exercise but it is more strategic eating since I still want to lose weight while doing this. 

This Week

  • Monday: Lots and lots of walking plus a sunburn
  • Tuesday: Spin and Turbo Kick
  • Wednesday: Boot Camp and Zumba
  • Thursday: Boot Camp and 5 mile run
  • Friday: Kettle Fit and something else TBD
  • Saturday: 9 mile long run
  • Sunday: 5 mile interval run and swim
Greetings from Chattanooga!
I have some flexibility this month to increase my exercise so I'm really aiming for two sessions a day. Both sessions won't necessarily be high intensity but it will be an increase in the total amount of time exercising. 

Also, I won't get as many miles this week since I'm choosing a couple of different exercises - such as I'm going to Turbo Kick instead of doing speed work. But the Turbo Kick is a high intensity workout that should provide the same kind of benefits as speed work BUT be a lot more fun. The Boot Camp sessions are new and completely dependent on me waking up early enough to get to them. If I can't make myself do it then I'll replace those with other strength training exercises. I'm also using the Boot Camp classes to secretly audition a possible trainer for the fall semester. I want to sign up for the program again but want to make sure I'm getting a trainer who's right for this next stage of what I want to achieve goal wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment