Everything you ever needed to know

Monday, May 16, 2016

Weekly Results: May 9-15

Exercise
  • Monday: Kettle Fit, 2 mile run, and 40 minute walk later that evening
  • Tuesday: Spin and 1 mile run
  • Wednesday: 4 mile run (10:45 pace) and Zumba
  • Thursday: Spin and 15 min run (about 1.5 miles)
  • Friday: Kettle Fit extreme
  • Saturday: Zumba and mowing the lawn
  • Sunday: 7 mile long run (11:08 pace)
Diet/Weight
Crept up from the 185.8 scale reading but as I'm used to hitting a low weight, floating up and back down again I'm just going with the flow. At 188 even, I am officially down 2 pounds from last Monday's weigh-in so it's all going in the right direction. 

This Week
  • Monday: Rest day - just a 30 minute easy walk after dinner
  • Tuesday: 2 mile speed work, 1 mile run, and abs
  • Wednesday: 4 miles (11 m/m pace) and Zumba 
  • Thursday: Weights and Elliptical
  • Friday: 5 mile interval run
  • Saturday: Elliptical and Ult Sculpt Video
  • Sunday: 8 mile long run
If you actually pay attention to my weekly results posts you'll see that I don't do a lot of "do nothing" rest days. I do try to at least have an easy day but still stay active. But this past week was brutal on my legs. It all ended with Kettle Fit on Friday where we had that sub again who I don't like. I went to the class though because I didn't want to be afraid of him either. I got through the class but was super worn out. My original plan was to do the class plus the elliptical but his version of Kettle Fit is pretty high intensity and there was no energy left for the elliptical. He promised us it would kill our legs and while I was super worn out I didn't really feel that...

Until I woke up on Saturday. And still even worse on Sunday. Gotta love those 2nd day D.O.M.s Holy crap they hurt. I was very worried about getting through my 7 mile run. It was the least enthusiastic I've been about getting out for a long run so far. My first mile split was all screwed up because my music didn't start playing when I started my MapMyRun app to track my mileage and speed. So I had to stop and get that going while precious seconds ticked by. After that I was anywhere between 10:48-11:40 per mile for most miles. Miles 3 and 4 I was suddenly super speedy and 5 and 6 were slow when I was battling a side cramp. I blame my intake of Gu Chomps during my mile 4 walking intervals. The cramps went away after that one mile and I sped up again for the last mile (10:22) - knowing it was the last mile must have helped. I was super impressed with my overall pace of 11:08/mile. It's faster by a couple seconds than my 6 mile run and considering how I felt pre-run I thought it was really good. The weather factored into a great time though - stayed in the 50's for the run so it was easier to run overall. I have yet to do a long, hot, run in this training.

But it's enough for me to start thinking - "Man, what if I get a sub-2 hours on this race?!" My last time was 2 hours and 2 minutes (just slightly over a 12 minute pace). I was in as good of shape for that race 2 months before hand but then because I was single parenting it for a few weeks I didn't get enough runs in, especially long runs. So now I'm thinking if I can keep up my training I might be able to do better than last time. I think my next run will be at a different location though that has more significant hills. Because this race has hills and I need to be better prepared for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment