Everything you ever needed to know

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Namaste Y'all

I adjusted my work schedule on Tuesday to fit in a morning yoga class.

I'm pretty picky about yoga. I love it but I'm only interested in stretching/relaxation yoga - not Hot Yoga, or Power Yoga, or anything that makes me think "this sucks" while trying to be all Zen.

But we have a yoga instructor here that offers the kind of classes I like - just not at times when I can normally get to them. But I may be able to get to these Tuesday morning ones over the summer since no one comes to see me in my office at 8:00 a.m. in the summer.

And it was a delightful class. I felt very peaceful and happy. Then I had to deal with work stuff and the good vibes eventually leaked out. But such is life.

I fear that I'm beginning to fight a cold or something. It's in the beginning stages where it could evolve or go away. Obviously I'm hoping for the latter due to the race this weekend.

Speaking of which - I'm still not enthused about running in the hot weather. The current forecast now says no rain and less humidity but still up in the high 80's/low 90's for that day's high. If it sticks in the high 60's/low 70's for the race that will be ok but I was hoping for more cloud cover.



Although, I am unenthused - I am looking forward to this race if only for the fact that once it's done I can focus on 2-3 mile runs and not feel bad about low mileage anymore. The 5k race on the 25th has very similar weather predictions right now so I'll keep my time hopes on that one to 31-33 minutes overall. I could probably aim for 30 minutes in better conditions but coming off a longer race and it being this hot I don't want to set myself up for a disappointing run. It would be nice to get under 30 minutes again for a 5k but I don't think it will be this summer. Maybe later in the fall I can aim for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment