Everything you ever needed to know

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Happiness is Paul Rudd Dancing

I had one perfect diet and exercise day yesterday. I realize this is completely boring news to everyone else but I feel so dang proud of myself.

It's been a while since I've stayed completely on track and haven't justified any extra sugar or carbs. I'm back to tracking foods and counting macros.

I thought for sure I would wake up miraculously 9 pounds lighter and be back to where I ended in late June.

But alas. Life is so much more complicated than that.

However, I'm only 5 pounds heavier than my low weight now and that is quite reasonable and for whatever asinine reason feels better than being 9 pounds heavier. Four stupid pounds really? I hate the mental crap involved in all of this.

So instead, I try to just think more about the two great classes I took yesterday - yoga and abs. Yoga was lovely first thing in the morning and abs made me remember that I do have some muscles under there that need attention too. I also give myself props that I got on the elliptical for 30 minutes even though I felt I didn't have enough time (I actually did) and it was boring (it really was boring but I got through it).

It also really (REALLY) helps that I do feel emotionally better this week. I'm now 3 weeks into my higher levels of thyroid meds and can feel the difference.


Zumba tonight and rest on Thursday. I'm donating blood again on Thursday and while I have previously exercised after giving blood you're really not supposed to. Friday will be back to running some - maybe 3-4 easy miles.

That's right Paul, we've got this.

2 comments: