Everything you ever needed to know

Monday, August 15, 2016

My minor problems

This is not really product endorsement but I am pro-Dunkin Donuts coffee. Especially after being woken up at 4 a.m. by my neighbor's annoying car alarm. Which kept going off throughout the morning. It may still be going on even now but thankfully I'm at work and can no longer hear it.

And no, I didn't take that extra two hours of being awake to exercise. I spent it being grumpy in my bed trying to go back to sleep - unsuccessfully.

I am however, doing well on my 30 day "do whatever kind of yoga you want to" challenge - hereby abbreviated to DWKoYYWT. Hmmm maybe that's more complicated... This is day 9 and while I haven't done anything yet for today, I'll fit something in before bed time. Every day has been a little treat and my session Thursday night probably kept me from maiming my husband who I was extremely frustrated with. Instead I stretched and envisioned peaceful mountains, fall sweaters, and pumpkin spiced lattes.

Other exercise last week was so/so. I ran 4 miles Monday, Zumba on Wednesday, 2.5 interval miles on Friday, Zumba again on Saturday, and a 3.5 mile walk on Sunday. Just my gentle yoga on Tuesday/Thursday.  A class was cancelled on Tuesday and I didn't push myself to do something on my own. Then Thursday ended up being super crazy as we found out at the last minute that Middle School tennis tryouts were that afternoon and my son would need a physical first. But we worked that out and I'm now a tennis mom.

More than a week ago, I was going to do a link-up for a picture Treasure Hunt - hosted by Wendy at Taking the Long Way Home. But it was difficult to get pictures when your infrequent runs are inside with little scenery to distract you...  But I eventually got around to combining a couple different things and have some pics.


My daily lunch. Salad with about 1 tbsp of light ranch dressing, red bell peppers, cucumbers, edamame, chia seeds, and either chicken or chick peas. I usually eat this post-lunch workout and it tastes amazing because I am starving.


New Asics! It was time to get new shoes and rotate my older ones to regular exercising. My previously rotated shoes were falling apart. The new cushioning is always so fun to feel in comparison to the worn down shoes.


One corner of my indoor track. I wish I could take pictures of a "smell" though because something awful is in the sewer there. It's not too noticeable on the track but walking into the building is really really bad. I have to hold my towel up to my nose.


But I run inside because this is how it feels outside in the morning. August needs to go away.


Loads of construction in my neighborhood. It seems like a new house is being put up every time I take a walk. I will be very glad for it to be done so walks and bike rides are a bit more peaceful.


I have issues with neighbors who don't prune their trees properly and therefore block the sidewalk. I mutter complaints every time I go past certain trees. 

But these are all minor issues and complaints. Even the annoying car alarm. I've also spent the weekend watching the news and Facebook for updates on the Baton Rouge flooding. I have many extended family members who's homes have flooded, several had to be rescued by boat, and even those who are lucky enough to have dry homes are trapped there because you can barely get around on the roads. So complaining about missing a couple hours of sleep, weird smells, and low hanging tree branches feels a bit idiotic.

Otherwise I'm just in a calm period before everyone is back on campus again next week. And then we start another adventurous year. Soon enough it will be PSL and fall sweaters time again and maybe I'll stop being so grumpy and whiny.

1 comment:

  1. I've been a tad grumpy and whiny lately as well. I blame it on the fact that I haven't had any sweets! Maybe I should try some yoga to help with my inner peace.

    ReplyDelete