Everything you ever needed to know

Friday, January 13, 2017

My body cries "Uncle"

You all knew it would happen didn't you? You were just waiting for me to get to this point. You read my posts of

  • "I'm not going to have a rest day!!" 
  • "I'm going to get 3 miles in every day!" 
  • "I'm going to strength train 4 days a week!!
And just waited for it to catch up with my delusional mind....

Yesterday was that day.

On Wednesday, I did 1) 3 miles on the elliptical, 2) weights for arms/legs, and 3) Zumba with toning. This was after doing a little extra on Tuesday as well. To say that my body was tired is an understatement.

I did exercise on Thursday but the day was not pretty: I finished week 2 of the C25K and finished up with a mile on the elliptical to get my precious 3 miles in for the day. My original plan was to also do my Ultimate Sculpt video but there was no way in heck that was going to happen. I felt like sleeping all afternoon and could barely function at work, ate a lot extra at dinner because I was hungry and tired, and felt my back start to ache because it was having to overcompensate for my other muscles not being able to pull their weight.

So instead of Friday being a major exercise day since I would have extra time it has become a low key day. Three very easy miles on the elliptical and a 30 minute relaxing yoga class. And I won't do anything else for today. Speaking of yoga - my favorite class is coming back this semester so that is definitely on my weekly schedule again. And last month I bought myself the "Whiskey and Yoga" shirt I've been wanting for more than a year now. Merry Christmas to me.

Now if I can just keep myself from eating everything in sight I'll be doing just fine. My brain and stomach are telling me that I must eat more than a reasonable amount of food but I know they won't shut off with a "I'm full" button if I do start eating more than what I have planned so I'm struggling my way through the day.

There are some mental victories even though everything feels hard and like a failure right now. So I'm trying to focus on the right things I have "done" rather than just how I "feel" at this particular moment. I'm still on the wagon and hope to stay there through this swing of tiredness and most likely hormones.

1 comment:

  1. I always have to eat all the things after I do strength training. My appetite is crazy after that.

    ReplyDelete