Everything you ever needed to know

Friday, January 6, 2017

Snow Day 2017

As I've posted in previous winters, my part of Tennessee doesn't get a lot of snow. And when we do, well - people freak the freak out.


I mock them every year. It's nice to feel superior...

We got almost 2 inches of snow today and the phone calls for delaying, and eventually canceling of school started at 5:30 a.m. Ugh - there's no point in not sending my kids to school if I'm not allowed to also sleep in.

This was from our year in Connecticut - they still had to go to school:


This was today, where they got to stay home:

Oh the humanity! How will we ever survive?!?
I, however, didn't get to stay home. I could have called in and used personal time but I figured it was good to get out of the house and still be able to use the gym. The roads were drivable but not great - it takes a long time for them to clear the roads out here since we're not as used to this white stuff.


My plan was to work up until lunch, go workout, hit the grocery store (because I truly needed groceries), and then spend the afternoon at home. I was going to take my time at the gym since my afternoon would be fairly free. Until we got a call right after noon that the whole university was closing at 1 p.m. So I rushed out to the gym and only had enough time to do my C25K run but that was what I really needed the gym for since outside running wasn't going to happen today (or tomorrow).

View from the inside track.
By the time I left campus the roads were in far better condition. The parking lot at the store was clear and I did my regular weekend's worth of shopping since I didn't know if Saturday would be better weather wise. I loaded up on ingredients to make a pretty hearty chicken and spinach soup based off of this recipe - I added turkey sausage and onions to it as well based on a comment someone left in the reviews. I avoided the wine aisle since I'm going alcohol free this month. And I got a pint of Halo Top (chocolate mocha chip) because I've been wanting to try it. OMG - delish.

When I got home I was starving and I pretty much inhaled my salad. Then I did my Ultimate Sculpt video for weights (never got around to weights on Thursday which was my plan). It about killed me. I'm so out of shape for that stuff. 

Now I'm in my comfy bed, feeling all of the muscles in my legs, savoring the memories of the Halo Top, and hoping we can all somehow return to normalcy tomorrow.

Someone posted this video on Facebook today and I enjoyed it, probably a little too much. But if you're from someplace where snow is normal - I think you'll enjoy it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment