Everything you ever needed to know

Monday, January 23, 2017

Weekly Results: 1/16-1/22


Boy am I glad last week is over. Nothing bad happened it was just super busy. However, we had AWESOME weather last week. Several days in the 60's which made getting outside a pleasure.

Exercise: 

  • Monday - 3.09 mile (C25K run plus extra) and 2.68 mile walk later in the day
  • Tuesday - Yoga
  • Wednesday - Zumba
  • Thursday - Nothing
  • Friday - 2 mile (C25K run) and 1 mile elliptical
  • Saturday - Nothing
  • Sunday - 4 miles run intervals (3/2) and weights (arms/legs)
Miles: 12.77 miles
Minutes: 323

Notes: I really did mean to add more minutes and miles to the week but I was exhausted from the busy work week. Saturday should have been a great exercise day but things kept popping up and I procrastinated. As of Sunday I changed my C25K plans which I'll talk about later.

Diet/Weight:
Despite being busy and tired my diet was pretty good overall. A little more ice cream and margaritas than I should have had but it's all about the balance. I was back down 2 lbs to where I was a couple weeks ago.

True story about why my housework often doesn't get done.
Schedule:

  • Monday - Kettle Fit and 3 miles elliptical
  • Tuesday - Yoga and hopefully a run
  • Wednesday - Zumba
  • Thursday - 3 miles intervals and weights
  • Friday - 3 miles elliptical 
  • Saturday - 4 miles intervals and weights 
  • Sunday - 4 miles of something (either intervals, walk, or elliptical) and weights
C25K Adjustments
The C25K plan I use has run 90 seconds, walk 90 seconds, run 3 minutes, walk 3 minutes for the 3rd week. On the 4th week it bumps up to 3 and 5 minute runs. In all, I only get about 2-2.5 miles in on any given C25K run which means I usually have to try and get my app to go back and repeat or figure out my own intervals if I'm trying to log 3 or 4 miles for the day. Getting the app to repeat is a huge pain in the ass. After the 4th week the runs of course get longer but I really liked my run 4/walk 1 minute intervals I ended up using last spring and think that I want to go back to that, even for these shorter runs. So on Sunday I downloaded a new free app for intervals and went for 4 miles on the greenway. The app works great but since it's free it doesn't have GPS so I had to also use MapMyRun  to track distance and splits - one day I'll pay for an app or Garmin that does it all. 

I decided for now I'll do 3/2 intervals until I feel comfortable with my 4-5 miles and then bump it up to the 4/1 intervals. During the week for shorter runs I might still use one of the C25K intervals but it will be something from weeks 3 or 4. Also, I really wanted to get 20 miles a week in but I'm having difficulties finding time on some of my days to get those miles in. So my new goal is at least 15 miles per week.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! It sounds like you are settling in nice to your new schedule even if it is busy. And you can never have too many margaritas... ;)

    ReplyDelete