Everything you ever needed to know

Monday, January 30, 2017

Weekly Results: 1/23-1/29

Exercise

  • Monday: Kettle Fit and Elliptical (3 miles)
  • Tuesday: Yoga/Rest Day
  • Wednesday: Step/Tone and Zumba
  • Thursday: Interval Run - 30 minutes, about 2.5 miles
  • Friday: Boot Camp and Elliptical (2 miles)
  • Saturday: Lots of housework and cooking
  • Sunday: Interval Run - 30 minutes, about 2.5 miles, Row 2000 meters, and Elliptical for 300 calories (which is a little over 2 miles)
Mileage: Roughly 12 miles
Minutes: 360

Saturday's meal - wine not pictured... :)
Ok, so Saturday wasn't real exercise but I was on my feet for the majority of the day so we can agree to call it an active rest day. Sunday was in danger of becoming a slothful day but I eventually got my butt out of the house and into the gym. Of course, I was glad that I did. As mentioned earlier, it was a good week for strength training and cardio in general even if my mileage was lower. My intervals are getting faster, both on Thursday and Sunday my run portions were in the 9 minute range for pace.

Diet/Weight
Great week. I didn't track on Saturday and probably went over but we had a guest over for dinner and I made some dishes that would have been a pain to track. I ate reasonably and the food in itself was pretty healthy so I'm not worried about it.  Sunday was a blueberry pancakes and McDonald's day. I did track and definitely went over and didn't feel good about it but I added on extra cardio to try and mitigate the damage.

An important lesson was my reaction to drinking a large Coke Zero from McD's. This has been one of my favorite beverages but I've really cut my diet soda habit over the past month (only having a glass or two on the weekends when we went out to eat) . Having a large diet soda made me feel like crap on Sunday. I hope it's enough to dissuade me from having more and being able to finally kick this habit but we'll see what happens. In good news, La Croix was on sale at Publix so I got a carton for 1/2 off. And I like the cran/raspberry flavor more than the other flavors I tried previously.

One pound lost last week, so 7.2 pounds overall since January 1st. My weight stayed exactly the same (to the ounce) from Friday-Monday morning. It always makes me question the scale when I see that happen...

This Week

  • Monday: Kettle Fit and Elliptical (3 miles) (ST)
  • Tuesday: Yoga and Interval Run 
  • Wednesday: Step/Tone and Zumba (ST)
  • Thursday: Interval Run 
  • Friday: Boot Camp and Elliptical (3 miles) (ST)
  • Saturday: Interval Run - 4 miles
  • Sunday: Walk/Elliptical - Active Rest Day
I'm now going to use (ST) to designate any strength training days.

I'm not really sure when I can get the run in on Tuesday but I'm putting it on the schedule none-the-less. I can still do the various classes this week - next week will be more limited with my work schedule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment