Everything you ever needed to know

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

I Cannot Knot

So I feel a little like I'm climbing out of a hole. I walked by some chocolate just out there for anybody to snack on (full disclosure: it wasn't really a sacrifice since I know I have my big ol' Valentines chocolate heart at home to snack on later). I logged my food thus far for today. I read some other blogs - which I'll often avoid when I'm in my own slump. I plan to go to a step class in a little bit. And I've worked on annoying little tasks for the other parts of my life that I want to avoid handling (like filing taxes and calling a plumber).

This is not to say that all is well and on-track again but it is better than last week.

A few years back I got the newest Winnie the Pooh movie on DVD for the kids - I think it was a Valentines present but maybe it was an Easter present - in any case I was on my own with the kids for 5 months while my husband was out of the country on a work thing and some days were pure agony to get through.

They were 4 and 6 at the time and we laughed our heads off at this movie and enjoyed multiple viewings of it. There's a scene where they fall into a trap they've set for the imaginary monster called the "Backson" - they think the Backson has kidnapped Christopher Robins. For whatever reason this scene came to my mind today as I was feeling like I was starting to climb out of my own trap. I feel like Owl sometimes and I particularly like the Dutch subtitles.... :)

1 comment:

  1. I always avoid unpleasant tasks. Like cleaning the bathrooms. It's why I have a cleaning lady...

    ReplyDelete