Everything you ever needed to know

Thursday, February 23, 2017

No guilt rest day

As mentioned earlier this week in my planned workouts, Thursday (today) was iffy to get something in. Due to work commitments, I'm not able to work out at lunch and I know from past experience that waiting until the end of the day usually means I'll feel too tired and unmotivated to fit something in.

So rather than spend the day feeling guilty that I'm not "pushing" myself to get out and workout I just did extra exercise yesterday and am calling today a good rest day.

Wednesday's workouts...


  • 2 miles of interval walk/jog. Took about 25'ish minutes overall. I jogged slow because I was going from this to my trainer and didn't want to wear myself out before meeting with him.
  • 40'ish minutes with my trainer. We lost some time at the beginning because he's working with an intern and they did an intake questionnaire with me. But no worries - what we did was enough. I did have a "spell" at the end when my heart rate got too high again and I felt nauseated for a minute. It didn't last long but as always was annoying, especially since I haven't had any of those spells so far this year and thought I was doing better with that. The irritating thing about this is that the exercise I was doing at the time should not have been something that accelerated my heart rate to that degree. I was doing tricep pushdowns (25 lb weight) and felt like throwing up on the 3rd set. What the hell? So far Dr. Google has not been useful in diagnosing my issues.
  • Zumba. I don't know that I'll always pair up Zumba and trainer days but since both happen on Wednesdays and I love doing both we'll just have to play it by ear. But it was at this point last night that I decided - "Well, taking tomorrow off sounds like a solid plan."
Facing the real world again
I got on the scale this morning and as expected I'm up from my 2 weeks of sugar mania. Girl Scout cookie delivery on top of Valentines day is a dangerous combo. But I have put my brain back in place and am treating my body better again. Cutting the sugar, cutting the caffeine, drinking lots of water, and just trying to detox overall from pretending that I can eat whatever I like and still feel amazing. Somehow that doesn't work...

Me too Andean bear, me too...

No comments:

Post a Comment