Everything you ever needed to know

Friday, March 10, 2017

I'm still around and still exercising....

Just don't ask about my diet.

Cause that ain't happening.

It's been a busy'ish week - what with locking down our credit report and such. Aah the annoying realities of living in a world where someone can get all of your information electronically in about 4 seconds. But it's not as bad as it could be.

I do have things to talk about though so let's catch up.

First

Awesome give away at Marcia's blog. Bluetooth headphones?! Sign me up!

Second

There's a new trail in town. It's been open for 3 or 4 months but last weekend was the first time we went to it. It's actually easier for me to get to than other parts of the Greenway but it isn't as long (about 1.3 miles) and has a lot of steep hills. So for walks or if I ever want to do hill repeats this is a great option. And it's gorgeous. The first time we went I ran the downhills and the relatively flat spots. The second time we just walked.

Stats from the first time on the trail.

Here are some pics I took.




Third

I have a new flare up of an old problem. I think it's nerve damage or aggravation. I've had issues with sciatica before but my best guess for this is that it's the pudendal nerve because my while hip is sore the real pain flares into my groin area and not down into my leg. This was a huge issue in my second pregnancy from about month 3 through the end. Not to be crude but it's like someone is stabbing you with a knife in the "who-ha" all day long. It hasn't impacted me as far as not being able to exercise but I think the class I did on Monday was what made it angry and flare up again. The exercises we did weren't hard but the pace was super quick and I probably sacrificed correct form somewhere along the way.

Fourth

Hooray for cheap Chinese goods! Well, kind of hooray.

In early February my friend (who's going on the cruise with me) told me about a website she found with cheap but cute swimsuits. She ordered 3 or 4 thinking that even if they were also cheaply made it wasn't a big loss of money. So I went on the site as well and was amazed at the designs and options. And they were cheap - like $15-25 each. So I found two and ordered them as well:
Both are tankinis

And then I waited. And waited. And waited. The website was happy to take my order and my money but then the order sat there for a month. I was to the point of thinking it was a scam site and it was only after about 2-3 weeks that I looked closely at the website and discovered everything was coming from China. And online reviews for this site were awful. Which is why I'm not promoting the actual site on my blog. Even if I didn't like them and opted to return for a refund it would cost more to return it than I ever paid for it in the first place. I got really close to canceling my order but even that would have still cost me $6). My friend and then a coworker assured me that they received their orders so I kept waiting. And finally, one month later, I got my suits this week. They both fit and looked to be in good condition but had a weird packaging smell. Thankfully the smell went away after a run through the washer but on the black suit above one of the straps came apart from poor stitching. It was easy enough to sew it back together and I do really, really love the top purple and yellow suit. So overall it was a good purchase for the amount of money I spent. I just hope they hold up long enough to get through this summer at least. But I'm not telling you to run out and use this website too - don't be like me, read other reviews before trying a new clothing outlet. :)

Fifth
It was in the mid 70's yesterday and now they're calling for light snow this weekend. I hate spring so much. And since it's spring break for the university the rec center will be closed this weekend. So not much running for me. I'll try to get to Zumba at least if I can wake up enough on Saturday morning. Sunday may end up being a crap shoot for exercising.

1 comment:

  1. That hilly trail is a great resource! I've got a race coming up that has lots of downhill and I need to figure out how to train for that. I've had that same experience buying stuff from Amazon that must come over from China on a slow barge. One thing came all water damaged. They refunded my $$ without sending it back so it was all good, but still. Buyer beware. Thanks for the giveaway shout!

    ReplyDelete